‘GTA 6’ Price Still Not Revealed, but Take-Two Chief Says Rockstar on Track to Begin Marketing This Summer

Rockstar Games’ “Grand Theft Auto 6″ is still on track for its Nov. 19 release but does not yet have an announced price. And that reveal isn’t coming along with parent company Take-Two Interactive‘s earnings results today.

“No,” Take-Two Interactive CEO Zelnick told Variety, when asked during an interview Thursday if a “GTA 6” pricing announcement would be coming tied to the company’s earnings release this afternoon. “We never make marketing announcements in our analyst calls. Never ever ever.”

Though no price has been revealed (and won’t be coming today, per Zelnick) Take-Two has confirmed developer Rockstar Games will begin marketing the title this “summer.”

With regards to the numerous “GTA 6” rumors that have been going around in recent weeks regarding pre-orders opening for the game, pricing and even the potential for the game to be delayed again, Zelnick said: “I think reiterating November 19 as is a launch day today is probably a positive. I think we’ve been really clear that we’re releasing the title on November 19.”

But summer technically begins at the end of June, meaning that marketing isn’t starting imminently, Zelnick said: “So the next few weeks I don’t think it’ll be summertime yet, but when it’s summertime, Rockstar expects to start marketing ‘GTA 6.’”

Take-Two reported its latest quarterly earnings results Thursday, which included full-year guidance for its new fiscal year (which runs April 1, 2026-March 31, 2027). Without having a public price for “GTA 6” yet, how is Take-Two able to provide its projection of between $8 billion and $8.2 billion, an increase of 20% over the last year?

“So, whenever we put together our guidance, obviously based on our expectations regarding our pipeline, release schedule and pricing, and sometimes our expect expectations can cannot be realized in the fullness of time, that could be because the title is delayed, or pricing changes, or unit sales, expectations change,” Zelnick explained. “But yes, of course, when we build our model, which is used to create guidance, it does have full assumptions in it. Even if we made assumptions, that doesn’t mean that they are set in stone.”

Along with the release of “GTA 6” this fall, Take-Two is prepping for the September launch of 2K’s “NBA 2K27.”

For the January-March quarter, Take-Two’s forecast was net revenue between $1.57 billion and $1.62 billion and a net loss of 70 cents and 54 cents per share, or $129 million and $99 million.

Wall Street forecast a GAAP loss of earnings per share (EPS) of 52 cents on $1.55 billion in revenue, according to analyst consensus data provided by LSEG. Take-Two reported a GAAP loss per share of 32 cents on $1.58 billion in net bookings (flat from the comparable quarter last year) and $1.68 billon in GAAP net revenue.

In February, Take-Two projected total net revenue for the fiscal year between $6.55 billion and $6.6 billion and a net loss per share between $2 and $1.84, or a net loss of $369 million and $338 million.

Take-Two reported its full fiscal year (April 1, 2025-March 31,2026) results came out to $6.72 billion in net bookings (up 19% year over year) and GAAP net revenue of $6.66 billion (+18%). Net loss was $298.2 million, or $1.62 per share.

For the current April 1-June 30 quarter, Take-Two projects net bookings between $1.32 billion and $1.37 billion.

More to come…

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *